Sunday, March 01, 2009

What we did this weekend...

We pretty much did NOTHING on Saturday & Sunday. I, thankfully, have only had a few mild pains here and there, so I don't know whether I already passed the kidney stones or if they are still to come. (yikes) I did pick up my pain meds on Friday just in case I needed them over the weekend.

On Friday, Mason & I rode around town doing errands with my Mom. I had a terrible banging headache most of the day, so that really sucked. We stopped in at the Promenade Food Court so that Mason could ride the New Orleans Carousel! I hadn't heard anything about it (because I live under a rock) but my Mom told me that it was saved from Hurricane Katrina and refurbished. I wonder how it came to live here...? I'll have to google it & get back to you! Anyway, It was the highlight of the day! It was really beautiful and the antique cash register they used was amazing as well. They had it recovered in copper, brass, and nickel and it has more buttons than you can imagine. If you're at the Promenade, go check out the cash register and of course the Carousel!






I was surprised to pull back the curtain on Sat morning to find this:


So we just spent the weekend at home. Not that the weather would've kept us from doing anything if we had wanted to, we were just kinda lazy and too cold.
Mason played with his road mat and we watched the movies Cars & Finding Nemo about 3 times each! We just joined the Disney Movie Club and got 4 movies for $1! He is loving them! (and so am I)




No comments: