Monday, February 08, 2010

Broken Stuff

When it rains, it pours...we've had several things in our home break lately out of the blue and it hasn't been fun! First, a few weeks ago, we discovered that a pipe in an inside wall of our house had burst during a recent ice storm. We found this out the hard way when we turned the water on & flooded almost half of our office and half of Mason's room! We (and by "we" I mean "Wayne") had to dry the carpet out and fix the pipe, which was a week-long process. I guess we should be grateful that we caught it when it first started, because it could've been much worse!

Here's the approx. 1 inch slit in the pipe:



Next, our Directv receiver started acting up. It was skipping all around & finally decided to die just in time for me to miss 2 American Idol episodes and the Season Premier of LOST! I'd like to say I tried to keep it in prespective and not act like a spoiled DVR Brat, but I really had no patience and was really grouchy about missing my shows! (Wayne had to bite his tongue more than once!) When the repair man was scheduled to come to our house, it iced & snowed the night before and they had to cancel. Nice. Finally, they shipped us a brand new receiver and we ended up watching Lost online. I still missed Idol & couldn't find it online to get caught up. Oh well.
Wayne had left a note on the receiver for the repair man and Mason decided to write out a few notes of his own...I thought it was so cute!

Now our washer is leaking water...Maybe this will be the last thing to break for a while! (crossing fingers)

1 comment:

sthanlon said...

Hang in there girl! It's always something, isn't it! Hope your week goes better!