Friday, April 08, 2011

Our Helper Boy

The last day he had to wear a hat for the season, (a chilly day in March) Mason helped Daddy out by sweeping what we call "dingle balls" (AKA sweet gumballs) from our driveway into the grass so that he could rake them...for the four-hundredth time.


Although the Sweet Gum trees are beautiful trees, we despise the gumballs that fill our yard each year!



My hatred for them runs deep, as I grew up with sweet gum tree in the front yard of my childhood house! I can't get away from them!! I used to rake them as a kid--not fun. At least Mason found this to be fun at his age. Just wait, kiddo.

(Check out the lunging action!)


The Enemy.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I have to confess to muting the computer while surfing blogs because the music is sometimes overload on my brain, but not today - the girls and I LOVE Rolling in the Deep!

Melissa Tyndall said...

I agree with you Lindsey...I don't like dingle balls either, they would always hurt my feet as a kid when I would kick off my shoes when playing in the yard! Dingle balls...lol.