Saturday, September 13, 2008

Here's what I get for trying to catch a few extra Zzz's...

Ok, so lately when Mason decides he's ready to hop out of bed at the crack of dawn, full of energy & ready to play, I've been asking him to go play quietly in his room while Mommy snoozes a little while longer. So sue me. He has done great & I think he even kinda likes it. He goes to his room, turns on the light & plays away, frequently stopping at my bedside to tell me or show me something.

Well, Friday morning went just the same however, the door to the office was left ajar (it's usually closed with a child proof door lock on the outside) and so of course, Mason went on in, unbeknownst to me. He them came to the bed and announced, "I color the Razorback!" My eyes immediately opened and I said, "What Razorback?" I hopped out of bed and dragged myself to the office and sighed with relief to see a football schedule on the desk that had been profusely colored with pen to where you could barely id it anymore.

Then I looked down as Mason said, "I color the feet." The bottoms of his feet had pen scribbles all over them. I promptly scolded him, reminding him that we are only to color on paper. Then I pulled up his pajama pants legs and found that he had drawn all the way up his legs, to the knees! He had many nice circles on his kneecaps. I held back laughter as I scolded him again. It actually came off fairly easy in the bathtub, except one small area on his knee. I guess it was a kind of Toddler Rite of Passage.

I've learned my lesson...
Make sure the office door is closed before I sleep in!



P.S. CHECK OUT MY LATEST FRAME & LETTER ON MY OTHER BLOG.

2 comments:

Christy said...

The girls and I enjoyed that story! "I color the feet" - so cute!

Alison said...

too funny! i have tried that whole sleeping in thing. it ends up with a toddler and a bunch of toys hitting me in the head.