Monday, June 29, 2009

Mason's last few weeks as a 2 year old...

My baby is about to turn 3! I can't believe what a big boy he is. He amazes us everyday and we're so blessed to have him in our lives. I can barely think about him turning 3 with out tearing up...pause for Kleenex...

And I just realized that I haven't officially announced that Mason will be attending Preschool in the Fall! (That is, IF he's fully potty trained! STRESS!) He'll go 3 half-days a week. He'll get to learn new things and have interaction with other kids and it will also give my Dad a break. He's been a lifesaver watching Mason since he was about 2 1/2 months old!! (I think that's right)

Mason and I have been doing a lot of "crafts" lately since we've both been a little bored with our regular routine. He's made paintings, caterpillars & a spider, necklaces out of yarn & straws, and even painted these little figurines:
He painted a Lion for his Grandpa (who loves lions) and gave it to him for his birthday. (although he's painting an elephant in these pics)


Really concentrating


Baked potatoes are one of my fave foods, and Mason has picked that up. Here he is eating "his very own tato"

In the backyard in the tent/obstacle course his Grandma Clova got him

It's hard to believe that there are so many "firsts" left for Mason to experience. Some everyday things are still special when it's your first! Case in point:
Mason usually eats cereal dry but he finally wanted to try it with milk. He loved it! (And he doesn't usually wear a bib, I was just expecting a big milky mess~but he didn't spill a drop!)


We're counting down on a paper chain (another craft we made) to his birthday & Spongebob birthday party. He's so excited!

No comments: