Sunday, June 14, 2009

MY 400th POST!!!!


Wow. Where to begin...
When I started this blog in 2005, I barely knew what a so-called "blog" was. I was bored one Summer day and thought I'd give it a try. I thought I'd post some of my scrapbooking, thus the name "Scraptacular." Well, here I am almost exactly 4 years later, blogging away about my 400th post!

This blog has become a part of my life. It's a way for me to share our lives with our families who live thousands of miles away, a quick update for local friends, a fun creative outlet, and MOST importantly, a journal documenting the daily happenings of our lives that so often go undocumented. My blog helps me remember the silly, funny, happy, and sometimes sad, day-to-day events that make up our lives. I've been known to say, "I'm so blogging this." or even used it as a gentle threat, "Don't make me blog that."

Some things are more blog-worthy than others, but each picture I post, each word I write, is a reminder of what life was like before Mason was born, the precious moments of Mason's life, what we did for our birthdays, anniversaries, or sometimes, simply what we had for dinner. Whether or not anyone reads this blog, I would still feel compelled to type out our stories & post our photos, as if to say, Dear Diary: Here's what we did today...

Ok~that was a little corny, but it's how I feel! :)
Thank you for visiting my blog, all of your comments, (and to some of you) for also blogging your lives. I love to read other people's blogs (you know who you are!)

I thought I'd post a few links to past blog posts from each year, but first, I'd like to ask a few things from you:

1. PLEASE leave a me a comment. I'd love to hear from you, even if it's just to say Hi! If you're a "Lurker" I'd love to hear from you, too! I love to read your comments!

2. Please check out my other 2 blogs. I know what you're thinking~I'm addicted. Most of you know these details, but just in case you don't: When this blog, Scraptacular, evolved into our family blog, my creative outlets got put on the back burner. I created the blog Daily Chrysalis as my creative outlet to showcase my scrapbooking, art, etc. Then this past April, I made a huge decision to start an online business, Fiddlesticks. That blog showcases and sells my painted artwork. It's still in the growth stage, so I would appreciate you visiting Fiddlesticks (and spreading the word if you're local!)

And While I have your attention, Please also go check out my mom's blog/business, Seams Sew Simple Embroidery & More. She does a beautiful job and has great prices!

Just one last thing...
3. If you like my blog or read my blog, please look in the right hand column near the top and click "FOLLOW." I'd appreciate having you as a Follower. My blog will not stalk you, I promise. You will get an e-mail update when I post something new, that's all.

THANK YOU!!!

Now on to the links! I selected a few posts from each year that were noteworthy or just because I liked them! Hope you enjoy! Most of the first 2 years are just pictures with very little writing...

2005 (Started in June, I had 25 posts this year)
This is Weird (My first post ever!)
The C Word
Positively Pregnant

Wayne at a BBQ in 2005



2006 (I had 24 posts this year)
9 Months
What to Expect When You're Expecting
He Has Arrived
Growing So Fast
Go Hogs!

Welcome Mason! July 10, 2006 (I was just a little puffy!)


2007 (I had 91 posts this year)
Recent Random Pics
Mason Feb-April
Mason is Walking!
Mason's First Birthday

Mason, August 2007, 13 months old


2008 (I had 193 posts this year)
Snowday, Part 2
Visiting the Easter Bunny
Weekend in Review
My Faves from Memorial Day

Mason being silly~August 2008 , 25 months old



2009 (61 posts so far)
What a Beautiful Mess
Our Valentine's Day
Billy Joel & Elton John Concert in Tulsa
Egg Hunter
The Busy Life of a Toddler

Mason & Me, May 2009, Mother's Day



Thanks for going on this little journey with me! Hope I didn't bore you. Don't worry, I won't type this much again until my 500th post! :)
~Lindsay

3 comments:

Christy said...

I'm happy to leave a comment and know that I read every single one of your posts - and enjoy them all! I'm so glad you do this and that you and Mitzi got me started. Happy 400th!

Sherri said...

Happy 400th! I enjoy reading about your everyday events, and the special events too! Thanks for getting me hooked on this little hobby:)

Alison said...

Welcome back. I've been wondering what you have been up to.
I like keeping up with you in the blog world since I don't see you every day. Congrats on the 400th post.