Just a quick update--my grandma will be discharged tomorrow! The blood transfusion has made her feel a lot better, thankfully. They ended up having to give her the second pint of blood through a subclavian catheter (which she has had before) because her veins were so bad. They also did an upper GI to find some ulcers and other esophageal issues, which is where she's been losing blood. I believe they think it's a rare side effect from the chemo that she's endured 3 different rounds of. Anyway, This may be more detail than you care to know, but since several of you reading this are nurses or work with me in healthcare, I thought I'd elaborate a little. :)
Thanks for your prayers!
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Grandma Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










3 comments:
Lindsay - I'm so glad she is feeling better. Thank you for the update.
Oh man, its sounds like she has been through a lot! I'm glad she's much better now.
Thanks Christy and Alison-L
Post a Comment