Monday, February 02, 2009

Not Me Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

We are not on vacation this week, after pretty much being on vacation last week with the ice storm.
I am not going to be 32 on Wednesday. I am not getting old.
Wayne will not be 33 on Wednesday. He's not getting old either.
My sister did not send me a Groundhog Day Hallmark e-card today.
And she did not sign it "Love, Punxsitawny Angela." I did not laugh my butt off.
I did not convince my sister to join Facebook after having to be coerced myself for several months by my friend, Christy before I finally joined. I did not only join because she said that's what she wanted for her birthday gift.
I have not had a huge zit in between my eyebrows for the last couple of days. I have not referred to it as my "unicorn horn" or my "third eye."
I did not "forget" to watch the Super Bowl. I was not out shopping in Fayetteville with my Mom when it started and I did not come straight home and make football-shaped cookies before putting Mason to bed.
I did not think that Mason would go straight to sleep after eating chocolate-frosted sugar cookies.
The football-shaped cookies did not turn out completely deformed and look like semi-football- shaped blobs. I did not continue to frost them as if they were perfectly shaped like footballs.
Mason did not have a complete 2-year old attitude problem all day today. I did not almost loose it on several occasions.
After telling Mason that he needed to listen to me and that I was sick of sounding like a broken record, he did not say, "a broken cracker?"
I did not want to laugh. I would not think a 2 year old would understand a metaphor. (or a simile)
Wayne did not buy over $100 of discount-priced tools today. When I took a picture of them laid out on the floor he did not say, "You're not blogging this."
I did not get the last laugh.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm disappointed there were no pictures of cookie footblobs or tools!

Lindsay said...

Cookie footblob pics are to come! But no tool pic will be posted :( I agreed.

Christy said...

Ha! My birthday gift to you is that I convinced you to join facebook and you LOVE it and it brings much joy to your life.

Also, Jason confused me when he came home from Home Depot the other day talking about a great "shoe sale" he stumbled upon there. I guess he's decided to code tools he buys as shoes so I can relate.

Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom said...

I really wanted to see the cookies that looked like footballs or didn't...wait I'm confused!

Please come and check out all of the things I didn't do!

http://eightymphmom.blogspot.com