Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ready for Church!


I took a leap of faith (pun intended!) last Sunday and took Mason to church with me!
I used to take him with me all the time when he was a baby & I could hold him and he'd take a little nap during the sermon (those were the days!)
Well, I tried to take him about a year ago and he had separation anxiety at that age, so I'd drop him off at the nursery and I'd get a page about 10 minutes later that he was screaming & crying. So after trying it a few Sundays in a row, I gave up & started leaving him at home with Wayne.
Well, I started thinking the other day that he is bigger & understands so much now that I could & should try to take him again.
He did awesome! I was so releived when I got through the first part of church with no page.
Then the sermon was over and still, no page.
Then we were taking communion, and still NO PAGE! I was thanking the Lord for everything!
When I went to pick him up, he was sitting at a little short table just his size with 2 little girls, eating goldfish crackers with his own dixie cup of water. It was so cute and it seemed like he was in school or something! The teacher said he did great and looked forward to seeing him again. I will be taking him again next Sunday and I might even try to send him up front in "big church" to the Children's Sharing Time before sending him on to the 2 year old class.
What a big boy we have! It's bittersweet...

2 comments:

Alison said...

i asked riley what his favorite part was and he said "eating gold fish". he asked me tonight if i got our gold fish from the church.
i think he missed the point!

Haley Nicodemus said...

How cute is his little outfit? Also, how did you get the pictures to post like that?