I'm so glad that Sunday was so much fun. It almost made up for Saturday sucking so much. [but not quite]
I started the day off by going to church early to see Cameron in the children's program. He had a solo singing part & was very good, I must say. After that we munched (too many) cookies and waited for "big" church to start. It was a special day~the Choir's Christmas Cantata! I love it every year-it's so moving! My sister, Angela sings in the choir & they had worked so hard putting it together.
These pics are TERRIBLY blurry due to my camera's suckiness.
Cameron is between the 2 guy's heads, to the left...
The cast of the children's program & adults who organized it (Angela is in red on the right, Cameron is front row)
Our awesome choir
After church, I ran home to eat lunch & spend some time with my favorite little man while Wayne got my car working!
Oh yeah-for those who don't know--my stinkin car would not start last week! Luckily, I was able to borrow my parent's car to drive while Wayne worked on it.
So anyway...Wayne got my car working just in time for me to drive it to Fayetteville to meet up with my best girly girls for a Christmas get-together. It was just my close friends Heather, Amber, Amanda & myself. We each brought food--and lots of it-& it was yummy. Then we went to a movie & saw some crazy one we hadn't heard of but sounded Christmasy called "Nothing Like the Holidays" [I think] Anyway, it had Debra Messing, Jon Leguizamo & lots of Puerto Ricans. It was funny & sad at some parts. There weren't many people in the theater at all & we were definitely the only white chicks. Hey-we had to represent our girl Debra. :)
Amber's gorgeous tree!
After the movie, we returned to Amber's for more food & a gift exchange. We drew names & Amanda received the gift I had brought. It was a foot spa. I have one & love it (although I need to use it more often.) I got the gift Heather brought & I love it. It was a bottle of Bath & Body Works lotion, a Ghiradelli dark chocolate bar (a BIG one) some cute painted blocks that spell "Friends" and the best part~a bottle of her fave Spumanti wine. Can't wait to break into that baby.
Heather, Amanda, & Amber
Amber opening a movie gift basket from Amanda
Wine-O
Amanda & the foot spa
I finally made it home around 9:00 to find Mason was still up~ waiting to see me. I was so glad because I really missed him all day! Thankfully he had a late nap, so he wasn't grouchy waiting up. What a fun, busy day!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Sunday Funday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comment:
Sounds like a really FUN day! Hope it helped to ease the pain a bit!
Thanks for the tip about Scrapblog! Just what I needed, another distraction!
Post a Comment